Recipe – Sweet and Sour Pork
February 29, 2020
Sweet and Sour Pork is a simple dish to cook for lunch and dinner. The chunks of deep fried pork coated generously with the sweet, tangy sauce, are super addictive. This dish is best eaten with rice. I used Tasty’s recipe as a reference.
200g pork (chop into bite size pieces)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon + 1 cup corn flour
2 cups + 2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 green capsicum
1/2 red capsicum
2/3 cup pineapple
1/4 cup white caster sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1. Marinate pork with salt, corn flour and egg. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup of corn flour and toss the marinated pork chunks until generously coated.
3. Deep fry the pork for around 3 to 4 minutes until the coating is golden brown and the pork is cooked throughout. Set aside.
4. Heat oil and sauté garlic until fragrant.
5. Add capsicums and fry until they’re soft.
6. Add pineapple and thoroughly warm it.
7. Add sugar, vinegar and ketchup. Toss together and bring the mixture to a boil.
8. Add pork and coat everything evenly with the sauce.
This recipe serves 2 persons and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Hope you’ll enjoy these yummy Sweet and Sour Pork as much as my family had!
Check out the recipe video that I’ve created on Instagram at @lex.eatslower.