Ninja Foodi Multi Cooker – Roast Chicken Recipe
April 18, 2020
In my previous article, I’ve shared about how useful the Ninja Foodi Multi Cooker is. I’ve also tested the device using the roasting function. This week, I whipped up everyone’s favourite Roast Chicken recipe using the multi cooker and got a little help from Food Network’s recipe. The Roast Chicken is great for intimate gatherings at home with family and friends, and is easy to prepare.
1 roasting chicken
Freshly ground black pepper
20 sprigs fresh thyme
1 lemon, halved
1 head garlic, cut in half
1/4 stick butter, melted
1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
4 carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
1. Preheat the Ninja Foodi Multi Cooker for 5 minutes before adding ingredients.
2. Remove the chicken giblets and rinse the chicken inside out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. If you’re lazy or feeling grossed out removing the giblets, I recommend purchasing the chicken from the wet market as you can get the seller to remove the giblets and clean the chicken for you.
3. Rub salt and pepper inside the chicken.
4. Stuff the cavity with thyme, both halves of lemon, and all the garlic.
5. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
6. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
7. Place the onions and carrots in the cooker. Toss with salt, pepper, thyme and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the cooker and place the chicken on top.
8. Roast the chicken for 1.5 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh.
9. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminium foil for about 20 minutes before serving.